International Conference “#covid19 crisis: impact on society and relations. Conclusions and forecasts”
On June 12, 2020, Democratic Initiatives Assistance Foundation held an international conference “#covid19 crisis: impact on society and relations. Conclusions and forecasts”. The conference was held online via the Zoom platform.
The event consisted of three panels.
Panel 1: “Pandemic and social relations”.
The topics of discussion were as follows:
- Do new conditions require a new model and philosophy of relations?
- Individualism vs collectivism: what will change in a person’s attitude to others and the world?
- Will the consumer society become a thing of the past?
- Serhiy Kvit, professor of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, Minister of education and science of Ukraine (2014-2016).
- Johannes de Jong, director of the Sallux International Foundation (Christian Political Foundation for Europe), Netherlands.
- reverend Andriy Zelinsky, military chaplain, political scientist.
Moderator: Yuriy Mindyuk, director of the Foundation for Assistance of Democratic Initiatives.
Panel 2: “Christian vision of the post-pandemic future of humanity”.
Topics for discussion:
- A just future through the eyes of a Christian.
- Is it possible to restore Europe and Ukraine according to Christian principles?
- Creating a new life philosophy based on Christianity.
- Oksana Horkusha, Ph.D. in Physics, Institute of Philosophy of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Yuriy Chornomorets, Ph.D. in Physics, professor of the Department of theology and religious studies of the Drahomanov National Pedagogical University.
- Yuriy Pidlisny, Habilitation in Philosophy, head of the “Ethics. Politics. Economics” program, head of the Department of Political Sciences of UCU.
- Vyacheslav Horpynchuk, Bishop of the Ukrainian Lutheran Church.
Moderator: Oksana Horkusha, Ph.D. in Physics, Institute of Philosophy of the National Academy of Sciences.
Panel 3: “Post-pandemic economy”.
Topics for discussion:
- Macroeconomic overview of the global situation caused by the pandemic.
2. Expected changes:
- in the labor market;
- in the market of goods and services;
- in the field of education;
- in the field of relations.
- Olha Romanenko, Habilitation in Economics, associate professor of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, member of the Council of Young Scientists at the Ministry of Education and Science.
- Roman Sheremeta, Habilitation in Economics, professor at the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University (USA).
- Daryna Kusherets, Doctor of Juridical Science, Acting Rector of the University of Modern Knowledge.
- Leonid Kistersky, Habilitation in Economics, professor, founding director of the Institute for International Business Cooperation.
- Vernon Smith, a 2002 Nobel laureate in Economics, waiting for confirmation.
Moderator: Olha Romanenko, Habilitation in Economics, associate professor of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, member of the Council of Young Scientists at the Ministry of Education and Science.
The panel was held with the assistance of the Council of Young Scientists at the Ministry of Education and Science.